Defective Tire Lawyer in Tucson
Properly-maintained tires are an essential component of any vehicle’s safety. With tires playing a critical role in a vehicle’s overall performance, including steering, accelerating, or braking, defective tires can lead to serious road accidents. Essentially, a tire blowout due to a defect can result in a driver losing control of the vehicle and causing an accident.
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 11,000 tire-related road accidents occur yearly, resulting in death or severe injury. In 2019, 612 people died in traffic accidents due to tire failure. With many of these tire failures resulting from defective manufacturing or design flaws, Arizona law entitles victims to compensation for damages.
If you are in Tucson, AZ, and you or a loved one is a road accident victim due to defective tires, do not worry. Mr. Barry Bellovin of the Bellovin Law Firm, PLLC, a skilled and experienced defective tire attorney, will help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Types of Tire Defects
There are several types and common causes of tire defects or flaws, including tread separation, sidewall collapse, and wear and tear.
- Tread separation – this occurs when the tire treads and belt layers detach prematurely due to faulty design or defective manufacturing. The tire defect often leads to the loss of all or part of the tread, which increases the likelihood of a blowout. Since most tread separations are unexpected, the resultant blowouts often lead to the driver losing control of the vehicle, causing serious road accidents, including vehicle rollovers and flips.
- Sidewall collapse – tire sidewall collapse is mainly due to manufacturing flaws, including defective materials. The tire defects can occur when too much pressure bursts a weak spot in the tire sidewall resulting in a blowout. The resultant unexpected blowouts often lead to the driver losing control of the vehicle and causing serious road accidents.
- Old Tires – regardless of the remaining treads, old tires are susceptible to unexpected tire failures, including dangerous blowouts, compared to new tires. Typically, tires are subject to wear and tear, and the older a tire, the more likely it can fail, including having tread separations and sidewall collapse. Unfortunately, most tire manufacturers and marketers do not warn their customers about the necessity of replacing aged tires.
Liability in a Defective Tire Lawsuit
Since most tire defects occur during the manufacturing or design process, the tire manufacturer is usually liable for most defective tire claims. However, other parties, including tire retailers and distributors, may be liable. Depending on specific facts, your product liability claim may be based on negligence or strict liability.
Unfortunately, defective tire claims are not straightforward due to the technical nature of fully assembling a tire. You must prove that the tire was faulty and the defect was the direct cause of the road accident in which you sustained injuries. Essentially, it is challenging to prove manufacturing liability without an expert witness.
However, a skilled and experienced defective tire lawyer can help counter manufacturers unwilling to take responsibility, including hiring an expert witness who understands the tire manufacturing and design processes.
Contact a Defective Tire Lawyer in Tucson
With tire-related accidents likely to lead to catastrophic injuries or wrongful deaths, defective tire claims often involve substantial compensation. Accordingly, it is critical to seek the help of a knowledgeable and experienced defective tire attorney to avoid manufacturers and their insurers shortchanging you. Mr. Bellovin of the Bellovin Law Firm, PLLC is a skilled and experienced defective tire attorney and will help you get fair compensation. He will also guide you through the often complex legal process as you focus on recovery. If you are in Tucson, AZ, you can contact him for a free consultation and learn more about his other services.
Get a Free Consultation
Contact us if you want a personal injury attorney who has demonstrated a history of success, who will personally communicate with you at all stages of your case, and will help you manage and settle your case so that you can heal and put your life back together.
Are we a good fit?
- Did you suffer injuries in an accident that was caused by no fault of your own? – in other words, you are the injured party
- Do you or the other party have any insurance coverage (such as auto insurance, home insurance, or business insurance)?
- Did the injury cause hospitalization, medical treatment, surgery, or missed work?
- Did the accident happen within the last 2 years?
If you answered YES to ALL of the questions, we may be a good match. Contact us for a free case evaluation. We will discuss your options, and answer your questions regarding your personal injury case. Attorney Barry Bellovin wants to determine, by listening to you, how to best protect your rights and minimize the impact of an injury caused by another’s carelessness on your day to day life thus giving you the ability to focus on getting well.