The information contained in The Bellovin Law Firm, PLLC’s web site is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as tax or legal advice on any subject matter. The Firm provides legal advice and other services only to persons or entities with which it has established a formal attorney-client relationship.
No recipients of content, blogs, videos or other material from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any such content or materials included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient’s state. The content of this web site is intended to contain general information and may not reflect current legal developments.
The Firm disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, the images of persons portrayed on this web site are not lawyers or clients of the Firm. With respect to any representative matters or news items relating to matters which have been handled by the Firm, please be advised that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Any information sent to our Firm by internet e-mail or through the web site is not secure and is done on a non-confidential basis. The transmission of the site, in part or in whole, and/or communication with the Firm by internet e-mail or through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between the Firm and any recipients.
The Firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party content that may be accessed through this web site.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
For site security purposes this website computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software—may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.